Created by a merger in 2008 of the Jay Kenney Foundation and the William C. Kenney Watershed Foundation, the new organization reflects and honors four generations of Kenney Brothers over three centuries. The first set of brothers manufactured window screens and school desksdesks in Winchendon and Weston, MA between 1844 and 1955. The third generation, Jay and Wick, founded the predecessors to the Kenney Brothers Foundation. The fourth generation includes Clayton and Duncan, both now active board members.
Two funds currently make up the foundation: the Wick Kenney Fund and the Jay Kenney Fund.