#14 MAYHEM PRESENTED BY THE COLORADO SYMPHONY AND WONDERBOUND Photograph courtesy of ©Colorado Symphony When: May 12th, 2017 Where: Boettcher Concert Hall at Denver Performing Arts Complex, 1000 14th St, Denver, CO 80202 Time: 7:30pm Cost: $15 – $67 Purchase Tickets Online Denver contemporary ballet company Wonderbound returns for a third time to perform with your Colorado Symphony […]
Wonderbound is accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. The Technical Director is part of a three-person production team that reports to the Producing Director and Artistic Director.
(60% time) Wonderbound:
- Responsible for all performance related technical needs for a three-production main stage season, three-four special projects, and ancillary performance needs for Wonderbound.
- Coordinate with contracted Lighting Designers on implementing designs in multiple venues for each production. Occasional light designing for special projects, as needed.
- Coordinate with contracted Sound Engineers and Musicians to implement all sound related needs for each production.
Build and/or rig any scenic elements as determined by the Artistic Director.
- Implement any projections and/or digital media related needs for productions.
- Arrange for and deliver all production related elements to each venue for productions. Must be comfortable driving up to a 26’ box truck.
(20% time) Rental Venue Management: Performing Arts Complex at Pinnacle Charter School
- Manage and maintain Wonderbound’s partnership venue located at the Pinnacle Charter School. As Wonderbound’s principle performance venue, the also serves as a rental venue for other organizations both local and national. Previous renters include the Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra, Opera Colorado, Ms. Colorado Pageant, local dance studio recitals, touring national dance competitions, etc.
- Maintain venue lighting, sound, and projection equipment. And provide for basic facility maintenance, all rigging needs, shop tool maintenance, and other necessary theatrical equipment.
- During rentals, act as building proctor and facilities contact for the needs of clients while they are on the premises.
- Perform production services for renters, as needed; including rigging, lighting design, sound engineering, stage management, and/or house management.
(20% time) Community Programs and Pinnacle Charter School
- Basic technical theater support for The Pinnacle Charter School. This includes two school plays, six band concerts, assorted meetings and presentations, and graduation ceremonies.
- Technical Theater Internship: Up to 10 area high school students apply to be technical theater interns at the beginning of each academic year. These interns meet once/week for three-four hours to learn about technical theater, including lighting, sound, scenic construction/painting, and stage management. These interns then staff school events and occasionally rental events as crew/designers to put into practice lessons taught during weekly meetings.
- Community Education: In the spring and fall, Wonderbound tours to area elementary and middle schools to provide arts exposure to kids from disadvantaged backgrounds. We provide in-school performances for 40 local schools, coordinated and supported by the Technical Director, Production Manager, and Production Assistant. TD will travel with one team of dancers to prep for and assist in the presentation for up to two schools/day during the final weeks of the production season, with occasional performances in the fall.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or three-five years’ experience in professional technical theater environments as a crew manager or higher in an organization with a similar scope of work.
- Background in rigging, lighting, sound, scenic construction, and working with school aged students.
- Proficiency with ETC Eos family lighting consoles, Qlab, Mac and Microsoft operating systems, Sketchup, and Vectorworks.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs.
- Strong, proven leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Previous experience teaching theater
- Positive attitude and excitement about creating new works with nationally renowned choreographers in multiple performance venues
- The willingness to find the “yes”
Salary: $38,500/yr + Health Benefits
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2017
Start Date: June 19th, 2017
The position is full time with health benefits. If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter, references and resume to Eleanor Moriarty at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Wonderbound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE M/F/D/V